QuestionS & TESTIMONIALS
Read our frequently asked questions for more information!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need an appointment to visit the barn?
- Current changes in place due to Covid-19, please call the store. Our barn hours are Mon-Sat 9-4.
- Do I need to be 18 to try or buy horses?
- Yes, you will need to be 18 or have a responsible adult with you to fill out the riding release form. For horse purchases, the buyer must be at least 18 years of age.
- Do you carry Poulin or Nutrena
- Do all horses come with paperwork?
- When a buyer purchases a horse from us, the buyer will receive a receipt, purchase and sale agreement, and any paperwork that came with the horse.
- Is there a warranty on horses?
- No, horses are purchased as is unless other terms are approved by Hemphill’s at the time of purchase. If your purchase doesn’t work out within the first 30 days, we are frequently able to help you find a trade of equal or lesser value. We do not offer refunds on horses.
- Can I bring my dog?
- We do not allow customers to bring their dogs to the barn, however, your dog is welcome in the store on a leash.
- Are you ever open Sundays?
- Sometimes we are open on Sundays for clinics or events. We also open Sunday from Thanksgiving until New Years.
- Do you offer off-site trials?
- We do not allow off-site trials but we do welcome riders to trial ride horses here at Hemphill’s.
Here For You
Hemphills is proud to be your one-stop-shop, from the horse on up, but don’t take our word for it — read testimonials from our current or past horse sales, feed supply, and our tack store customers below!
We Want To Know?
What additional brands and products would you like to see at our business?
Browse Our Educational Posts
Dog Food, Cat Food, Bird Food, Even Rodents; We Have What Your Pet Needs For A Healthy Life Hemphills; If You Have It, We
See how to get in touch with us, see where to find us for your horse sale and leasing needs, for feed, or for your supplies and equipment for all things horse and rider. We are conveniently located about 20 minutes off of I-95 between Augusta and Waterville.